“Global Salary Report of Local Staffs,
2021”(U.S., Mexico, Brazil) officially released! Latest data on salaries, benefits, and impact of COVID-19
Nikkei Research, Inc. has released the 2021 edition of each report on U.S., Brazil, and Mexico -- the update of its annual "The Survey of Salaries and Employment Benefits for Local Staff in Japanese Companies".
This report is based on the latest data from Japanese companies in the U.S., Brazil, and Mexico, and summarizes the actual status of salaries and benefits such as salaries upon job levels, wage increases, bonus, and various benefits by region and industry. The previous 2020 edition included “Days of paid leaves and rate of application” and “Employee training hours and annual costs”, while the new 2021 edition added “Impact of COVID-19”.
For the 2021 edition, we received cooperation from 153 companies in the U.S., 28 companies in Brazil, and 39 companies in Mexico.
As a result of this survey, the wage increase rate for FY2020 was 2.16% higher in the U.S., 4.55% higher in Brazil, and 3.65% higher in Mexico compared to the previous year. The wage increase rate for FY2021 is expected to be 2.17% in the U.S., however the rates in Mexico and Brazil are estimated to fall (Brazil: 4.03%, Mexico: 3.52%).
- of salaries total in 33 job categories with breakdowns by region, industry, and form of local entity.
- containing the latest information on salaries actually paid.
- on breakdowns of salaries, bonuses, and various benefits.
- for business planning, such as the average wage increase rate for FY2020 and projected number of employee increase/decrease for FY2021.
- added. “Days of paid leaves and rate of application”, “Employee training hours and annual costs” (2020 edition), “Impact of COVID-19” (2021 edition).
81-3-5296-5129(Available on weekdays at 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. JST )